DETAILS AND CONTACT INFORMATION APPEAR BELOW!
Please pass this listing on to your qualified contacts. Thank you for sharing this opportunity with your friends!
Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Vice President of Human Resources for the Santa Monica, CA office. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources.
The Vice President, Human Resources West Coast is responsible for managing the west coast human resource team which provides support to multiple client groups / business units. In addition, the VP acts as a team leader and key influencer within the North American HR team. There are three major components to the VP HR role: (1) Managing a team of five Director/Generalists and guiding/counseling their ongoing efforts with their respective client groups. 2) Building, developing and managing client relationships within multiple groups, who have varied cultures and business models, in order to deliver value added HR services. (3) Playing a significant leadership role within the North American HR function as a source of ideas, expertise, and knowledge about the business and the people in it.
- Builds and maintains strong ongoing relationships with entire HR team. Models team and collaborative behavior for the department.
- Key contact with union leaders to address and resolve union matters.
- Builds, develops and manages strong ongoing relationships with management and employees in multiple complex client groups with varied cultures and personalities.
- Lead for HR audits and annual internal controls testing
- Lead for all internal HR systems
- Collaborates in creation of policy statements and maintains policy documentation
- Establishes credibility and works closely with senior management (BU head, CFO, Executive Team) to augment service the business.
- Develops a rich and detailed understanding of the clients business – the departments, jobs, structure and processes
- Helps guide generalist team in proactively assessing client needs for HR services and development of a plan to meet those needs over the short and long term.
- Helps guide generalist team in addressing employee relations issues , in order to mitigate litigation risks.
- Conducts and guides sensitive investigations into possible violations of company policy (sexual harassment, discrimination, violence in the workplace, anti-trust)
- Implements North American HR initiatives, policies and programs in client groups (e.g. performance management, , Respectful Workplace training, Code of Conduct policy, Anti-Payola policy, etc.)
- Oversees and manages the recruiting and internship functions within HR
- Proactively initiates and implements ideas to enhance the HR department.
- Bachelors Degree preferred (Liberal Arts, Business or Human Resources).
- Additional education in Human Resources a plus – graduate school, course work, training, certifications, etc.
- 8-12 years experience as a Human Resources professional in a large, complex organization
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Music or entertainment experience preferred.
- Ability to navigate a complex organization.
- Crisis management skills
- Ability to lead and manage people effectively on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of people on a high profile initiative.
- Flexibility and initiative.
Please forward any resumes directly to:
Human Resources - Recruiting
Universal Music Group
310-865-8265 / fax 310-865-9564
2220 Colorado Ave. Santa Monica, CA 90404